Thursday, March 18, 2010

All About Jaxson

Today was one of those days when I had to continually remind myself that I do love my son. We won't go into the details and just leave it at that it was an extremely emotional and frustrating day for both mother and son. So, now that he's sleeping peacefully I thought I might look at some pictures and remember a few of the good times we've shared lately. My dad took these pictures when we were home for Christmas. Jaxson loved going to great grandma and grandpa Shinney's house because there he got to be a cowboy like Woody. I love watching him play and use his always growing imagination.
He sat on this little toy horse and kept saying "I a cowboy, I ride a horse." He's always making me smile by doing or saying silly things.

He doesn't stop to look at the camera very often but every once in a while I catch that cute smile that gets me every time. He's being a turtle in this picture, in case you wanted to know.

He's very into robots right now and this day two pairs of daddy's shoes somehow made him a robot. Sorry for all the underwear shots. He hardly ever has an accident when he's just in underwear but when we put pants on it's a whole new story.
Playing superhero with daddy. He started this game by running around the room with a blanket. He was so sweet and wanted to share so he also got both me and Keith blankets so we could be superheros too.

This is a classic Jaxson, always with a cup in his mouth. This kid loves to drink! It doesn't matter what it is either. He prefers milk but will settle for juice and water as well. It always amazes me how he can sleep with it in his mouth without him holding on to it!

Paisley is Jaxson's best friend. She is sooo good with him. Sometimes they wrestle and sometimes they snuggle.

Jaxson is also very into the ABCs right now, he knows every letter and the sound they make. The other day while playing with his magnetic letters he tried to teach them to Paisley. He would hold a letter in her face and say "B says __?" since she wouldn't answer he would then make the sound, get another letter and start over. It was cute.

Looking in the pond at a nature center we went to for playgroup. He is continually reminding me to stop and enjoy the little things in life. I get so caught up in life that I forget how fascinating and fun the simple things, like looking in a pond with fish and turtles, can be.

I'm so lucky that usually Jaxson is very content to play by himself. The other day when I came to check on him I saw this awesome castle he built by himself. When I told him good job he said "take picture." He knows me so well. Of course, he had to grab his Woody hat first.

This day he was being a pteranodon (yes I'm learning all about dinosaurs) and going fishing like they did on Dinosaur Train. He played in the tub for almost a half hour quoting and reenacting the episode.
Well, I have to admit this has been very therapeutic for me. Although this boy can be so challenging I can't imagine not having him in my life. I am so blessed to be his mother because everyday he makes me smile, laugh, feel loved and he's always teaching me more about life and love. I LOVE this little boy!

5 comments:

Steve said...

Nice photo essay and a great way to deal with a frustrating day. I'll have to remember this trick in a year or two I'm sure.

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh how I know this feeling of having to remind myself why kids are good and loved. :)Seriously!!

Looks like your post did the trick...:) He is such a cute little guy...it's hard to be mad for too long, right?

Oh, and Dino train...that show ROCKS! :)

Shauna said...

I'm glad to know i'm not the only one that has those days. Halle loves Dinosaur Train too...it's a good one!

I'm Dani said...

you are not the only one that has those days... I Sometimes I have to remind myself that we are all learning. I may not get paid money for my job, but I do get paid in kisses and hugs! Good luck!

Tammy said...

I love this and what a great idea too. Days like you describe I like to call mommy days! I may have to steal this post idea in the future. CJ loves Dinasour Trian too. I wish we lived closet so they could play. Jax is adorable!