Friday, July 23, 2010

Curious George!

We have a HUGE Curious George fan at our house! And since the Curious George traveling exhibit is visiting the Pittsburgh Children's Museum we just had to go. Keith and I were excited to see Jax react to this because we knew he'd be so excited.
They had a meet and greet with George.

Jaxson wasn't so sure of him at first. I don't think he was expecting him to be so big. So he needed a little encouragement from Dad to go stand by him. (and of course I couldn't get him to look at the camera!)
He did like the little statue of George in the exhibit and was more than willing to give him hugs.

And talk and sit with him.
He also really enjoyed the activities. At first he was so excited he just ran around to all the different set ups and pointed out characters and other things he knew from the show. Once he calmed down to stay still for more than .5 seconds we got him to actually do some of the activities. Like putt putt George style,

work at the construction zone,

and try to give George some bananas at the sorting fruit stand. He LOVED the whole thing!

We also enjoyed a few other areas at the museum. The Art Gallery was a huge hit for this boy.
This is the ceiling in the art area and I thought it was pretty neat.

Jax also loved the waterplay floor. He played with boats and whales in the pools;

helped daddy with his fountain,

and enjoyed getting soaked! He was one happy camper!

After lunch we went to an Aviary. My camera battery died there but we had a great time at the shows, and seeing all the birds. Jaxson got to feed a few of the birds which was exciting for him and to also get up close to some penguins which he now tells us is his favorite animal.

2 comments:

crystal carlson said...

What a fun family trip! Looks like you guys had a great time & what an awesome museum!

Ashli said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to go back when George was "in town." I have no doubts that Jax had a blast!