Thursday, September 30, 2010

Life Lately

Lately life has been a little crazy. I know I say this all the time but lately it has been a little more than just the normal craziness around here. These two crazies have really kept me on my toes. Kenna is into everything and they both are super busy! I love this picture, even though Kenna does look a little evil in it!
Now, she looks a little more sweet and innocent like she's supposed to be.

And even though she can drive me wild with her short naps, exploration excursions (some of which have not been safe!) her wanting to be with me but not held, and desire to eat paper (yep she's learning young). I can't get enough of this girl!
Same goes for this boy. Man can he push my limits but yet everyday I fall more and more in love with this kid. After one rough morning I said to him 'let's go make a treat.' (yes sometimes I turn to food for comfort.) This is what he chose. Not exactly what I was thinking but since mac n cheese was probably a better lunch choice than brownies, I let him win on this one. I LOVE that he loves to help me cook. This is one time when he listens to me really well.
Another day we had friends over for a few hours and decided to turn it into a real adventure.

We made some crowns and other crafts. Jaden insisted on having a sword too.

Then we built a huge castle/fort in the basement. I was really happy that I spent almost an hour making it to have two 2 yr olds destroy it in 2 minutes. Oh well they had fun while it lasted.

She's getting really good about smiling when I get the camera out. Gotta train them young!
School and life has been super crazy for Keith right now so this is about all we see of him. Just little things he leaves around for us to know he does still live here.
Jaxson being a chipmunk.

And those cheeks are real. I love them!

Jaxson being Jaxson.

Even though life can be crazy and sometimes really hard there are things that make it all worth it and these two are one of the biggest reasons why I LOVE my life. One of my favorite quotes goes like this "The joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction." -Elder Ballard. Some days I feel like all I've gotten is just a few moments, but those moments, when reflected on once the kids are sleeping, are so priceless and make all of the hard stuff worth it. Oh how I love these kids!

10 comments:

Dina said...

Too cute! I love that fort too! Good job, Julie!

Unknown said...

That little Kenna is adorable but looks full of mischief :D

Love your quote!

Rachel Holloway said...

I love that quote! Thanks for sharing! I think you're an incredible mom-- :)

Jodi said...

Aww, I can't believe how big they're getting! I love seeing that I'm not alone with the podiatry stuff laying around. Just wait, pretty soon you will have sutures, bandages, syringes, etc that he pulls out of his white coat after a day of work. P.S. the skeleton foot makes a great addition to my Halloween decor, try it! :)

The Wyler Family said...

you are so good. you always take time to catch up your blog. i don't know how you do it. anyway, fun posts. adorable kids. kennadie's smile is so cute!

crystal carlson said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets frustrated with the kiddos--good thing yours are so cute! Sounds like we need to have a girls night :) I love your fort, how fun!

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

Julie you are an amazing and so patient mother and wife. I have a lot to learn from you. Kenna and Jax are growing up and looking so stinkin cute everytime I see them or their pictures rather. We love you guys and miss you tons!

Ashli said...

I love your kids too! I can't get over how cute they both are and in some of the pictures I think I can see a little Jaxson in Kennadie.
Tell Keith to hang in there, I know all his hard work will be rewarded.

Jenny Axford Cook said...

I love the pictures of your little ones. And I love that quote too. It's so true. Life is rewarding with the ones we love!

Karie said...

Oh my word, I didn't know you made a huge fort that day too!! No wonder Jaden kept saying he had so much fun at Julie's, he LOVES forts!

I LOVE the baby pic of Jaxson with his two bottom teeth poking out! Too cute!