I've been kind of lame before about St. Patrick's day and haven't really done much. This year I decided to get on the ball and be a little more fun. It helped that it was on a Saturday so Keith was going to be around and there was a big parade that we were going to take the kids to.
I decided our family tradition would be that the sneaky leprechauns would come and leave a green shirt for the kiddos so they don't get pinched and a pot of gold for each of them. Needless to say they were pretty excited to wake up to this.
We had a green breakfast with leprechaun cakes, (go here for the recipe) kiwi, a green smoothie and of course some tasty gold. Yep, I let my kids eat candy for breakfast.
They loved their pots of gold. Which were just small flowers pots that I spray painted and hot glued pipe cleaners to.
Then we went downtown, as did the rest of the world, to see some real craziness. Soon after I took this pic my camera died. (I was smart and forgot to charge the battery)
Luckily we were with some of our best friends, who also happen to live with us, the Wrays. I stole, with permission, these pics from Dina's blog.
It wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without bag pipes.
Love it!
I can't say it was the best parade I've ever been too but I've also seen worse. The kiddos had fun and we enjoyed watching a lot of people make fools of themselves. Good times in Cleveland!





No comments:
Post a Comment