For quite a while now Jaxson has really been into pirates. I'm surprised how much pirate lingo he knows or makes up.
He's singing 'Yo ho a pirates life for me' in this picture.
And since Jaxson is into pirates that means Kennadie is as well. She wants to do everything he does. She usually adds in other dress up pieces and declares that she's either a princess pirate or a superhero pirate or sometimes both.
The couch and pole are all part of the pirate ship that often sails through shark infested water in our basement. I love to hear the stories this boy can come up with.
For a special activity I'll hide a treasure for them somewhere in the house, make them a map and send them on the treasure hunt for pirate gold. They love it!
This time they found some treasure in the bathtub and they we're delighted. I know I'm biased but I think they make some mighty cute pirates!
No comments:
Post a Comment