Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

I wasn't very good about taking pictures this year at Thanksgiving but here's a little bit about our holiday.
The Monday before Thanksgiving we always have an FHE lesson about our blessings and make a Thankful Tree.  We write blessings on leaves and glue them to our tree.  It's always fun to hear what the kiddos think of as their blessings, candy and movies always get put on early in the evening. I'm mad I didn't get a pic of the finished product.

It's always great fun!
Sometimes we act out the things we're thankful for.  I guess we're pretty thankful for monkeys.

The best part of the Thanksgiving feast for me is orange rolls.  They're one of my family's traditions and they are so darn good!  My cute little helpers were right there helping me make some.
Unfortunately my yeast was bad and they didn't really turn out this year, I was so disappointed.
But we sure had fun trying.

 We ate with a bunch of our friends at the church.  The food and company was amazing! I obviously wasn't good about taking pics but we had a good time.  We're so thankful for all the incredible blessing we have in our lives!  God is so good to us!

1 comment:

Ashli said...

Sorry about your yeast, that has happened to me on several occasions. Now I just buy brand new yeast every time I need it. It is cheaper than having my rolls not turn out and wasting all those other ingredients.