Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ashli!

My best friend, Ashli, flew out to spend a few days with us and we had a blast! Oh how I wish we lived closer to each other! Maybe some day. But while we were together we had tons of fun and packed a lot into those 4 days. We went downtown to the Science Center and to see some other fun sites.
She was so sweet about doing all kid friendly activities, which was good because with Keith studying for boards leaving the kiddos would have been hard. So we hit the zoo, one of Jax's favortie places.

Nice pic of Jaxson huh? But he was super excited to feed the seals a fish.

One day we packed up the kids and headed off to Pittsburgh, which is about 2 hours from us. We went to this amazing children's museum. Jaxson loved it! This is in the Mr. Rogers area, which was filmed in Pittsburgh. They had lots of stuff from the actual show which was kind of cool for Ashli and I, since we used to watch the show as kids.

Jaxson loved being an artist in the art gallery.

And exploring all the other fun activities.

The giant Lite Brite. I think Ashli and I thought this was cooler than Jax.

Little miss Kenna also enjoyed the Children's museum, which had stuff for even little ones like her.
They had a whole floor dedicated to water play and exploration. They even had these cute rain coats for all the kids. I don't think I got one picture of Jaxson looking at the camera during the whole trip because he was way too busy playing to even look up.

After the museum we went to an Aviary and got to see birds from all over the world. They did a few fun bird shows where we got to see the birds up close and do tricks.

This bird was very tame and let Jaxson get really close. Jaxson even got to feed it which was super fun for him.
Showing off his penguin moves.

We LOVED having her here. We stayed up late every night just talking, laughing and eating (which because of this we decided it might we a good thing we don't live closer) It reminded me of the fun times we had when we were roommates in college (minus the two little ones). Thanks for coming Ashli, we miss you!

1 comment:

Ashli said...

I miss you too! It was a great time, and I can't wait for next time (when ever that might be).