Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Niagara Falls

The next day we left bright and early to go over to Niagara Falls.

I love natural wonders like Niagara Falls, it always reminds me of God's power and love. 

Again we packed a lot into our one day there.

Of course we walked around the national park admiring the Falls and the incredible surrounding area.

Both of my kids were impressed.  I just wish they were old enough that they would be able to remember this experience.

We did the vistors center and watched the IMAX movie about the history/legend of the Falls.  Some amazing things have happened there. A few people have even survived going over the falls, crazy!


Then we took a boat ride on the Maid of the Mist, which takes you right up to the Falls.  Again it was amazing!
My two little smurfs.
It's hard to get good pics there because of all the mist and you don't want to get your camera wet.

Then a few of us hiked around getting even closer to the Falls.

We visited a small but fun little aquarium.


Then we did the Cave of the Winds tour.  It actually isn't a cave at all anymore but you are able to get very close and personal with the Falls and it was very fun.

I can't take credit for the pics though, because most of them my dad took.


I'm not sure why so many of my pics look fuzzy on here, anyone else have that problem?

They have one deck where if you go on you will get drenched.  Jaxson and I braved the down pour and he had a blast.  He would have stayed in that area all day had I let him.  Even with our ponchos we were soaked afterwards.
He was one very wet but very happy boy!

I went back to the hotel early with the kiddos but my parents, sister and her husband stayed out to visit the Canadain side, and see the falls illuminated at night. 

No comments: